Celebrate your Independence with Independents!
Eat, drink, shop, and support LOCAL this Independence Day by taking the Indie Challenge.
Take part in the Indie Challenge in celebrationg of Indepentdents Week – June 28 to July 4. Each day leading up to the 4th we have created a call to action to help you celebrate AND we will make it easy for you to find local businesses to support by sharing specials and happenings on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Click the images below to download and share on your social media pages and stories. Use #IndependentsWeek and #ShowSomeLocalLove and don’t forget to tag your favorite local businesses as well! You can also use our website directory to search local businesses in your area and be sure to check out our blog posts for more ways to support local!
Take the Indie Challenge
Support local all week long by participating in the Indie Challenge. Starting Monday there is a call to action each day leading up to the 4th. Below are just some of the ways you can participate, but there are so many ways to #ShowSomeLocalLove. Let us know how you are completing the Indie Challenge by tagging @ShopLocalRaleigh in your social media posts!
Monday – Show some local love (today)
- Leave a review
- Tag your favorite local business in your social media
Tuesday – Let someone else do the cooking
- Order take-out
- Make a reservation
- Leave a generous tip
Wednesday – Show some local love (tomorrow)
- Schedule a future appointment with your hairdresser, physical therapist, massage therapist, home improvement specialist, and more!
Thursday – Retail Therapy
- Shop local online retailers and checkout the Shop Local Raleigh online vendor store
Friday – Happy Hour
- Make cocktails with local spirits
- Stock up on local beer, cider, or kombucha
- Have a social distance local wine tasting with friends
Saturday – Weekend Cookut
- Get your grillables from a local butcher, grocer, or farmer
- See what restaurants are offering grill packs
- Get your decorations from a local shop