Volunteer at NC's Largest Craft Beer Festival!
Brewgaloo has grown to be NC’s largest craft beer festival and was voted #1 best beer festival in the US two years in a row! None of this would be possible without the hard work of the volunteers that this event is highly dependent on and we are SO GRATEFUL for you! Volunteers do everything from helping with setup to working the front gates, checking in food trucks to pouring beer and so much more. We can not do this without the help of fantastic volunteers, so thank you!
All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Per NC law, there is no drinking allowed before or during your volunteer shift.
In exchange for working a shift, volunteers will receive:
- An event t-shirt
- 10 drink tickets for use at Saturday’s event (Volunteers for Saturday shifts that end after 7 pm, will receive a free ticket to the Friday night sampler party. You must purchase your ticket in advance & SLR will reimburse you after the completion of your shift on Saturday.)
- 50% off code for tickets to NC Hops Fest
- Entry into a drawing for 2 tickets to NC Hops Fest
- An invitation to the annual Shop Local Raleigh appreciation party with complimentary food, beverages, and live music
*Drink tickets are for AFTER your shift only – volunteers CANNOT use their drink tickets or consume alcohol prior to or during their shift per NC state law.
Friday, April 21, 2023
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm | Load-In & Set Up
- 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm | Ticketing
- 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Brewery Help & Event Floater
- 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm | Suds Buckets
- 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Suds Buckets
Saturday, April 22, 2023
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm | Load-In & Set Up
- 11:30 am – 3:30pm | Ticketing, Stage Assistance, Keg Controller
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm | Suds Buckets
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm | Event Floater
- 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Brewery Help
- 1:45 pm – 3:45 pm | Suds Buckets
- 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm | Ticketing, Stage Assistance, Keg Controller
- 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm | Suds Buckets
- 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm | Event Floater
- 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm | Brewery Help
- 5:15 pm – 7:15 pm | Suds Buckets
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm | Suds Buckets
- 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm | Tear Down
- Set Up – Placing all brewery supplies at appropriate tents, hanging signage, setting up ticket boots, helping set up the merchandise area, etc.
- Ticketing – Working at the admission gates greeting all guests arriving at the festival. You will be scanning tickets, handing out pint glasses, assisting will call ticket holders to pick up their tickets, passing out maps, and helping answer general festival questions. This position is good for those who need to sit throughout the shift.
- Suds Buckets – Collecting overpour beer buckets and disposing of them into the gray water tanks. It’s not a glamorous job but it is an important one and the shifts are shorter for this task. Some heavy lifting may be involved.
- Brewery Help – Assist brewers with pouring beer and talking with customers about the breweries and beers.
- Keg Controller – Working at the refrigerator trucks receiving beer and ice orders, relaying them to the keg crew, and tracking the orders as they are fulfilled. This position is good for those who need to sit throughout the shift.
- Stage Assistance – Help with loading in bands, keeping on schedule, refilling cooler, picking up pre-ordered food from nearby restaurants, etc.
- Event Help Floater – Assist with merch booth, tent sitter for vendors, refilling cooler for courthouse DJ, filling in where needed, etc.
- Tear Down – Helping to clean up and break down the festival by collecting all event supplies and load trucks for removal from the event site. Per our agreement with the City of Raleigh, the entire event has to be cleaned up at the conclusion of the event.
Shop Local Raleigh wants to thank each and every volunteer who has dedicated their time and effort to help us put on Brewgaloo! Your hard work is what makes the festival run smoothly and safely. Without the overwhelming support of our local community and fellow beer lovers coming out to volunteer, Shop Local Raleigh could not host the biggest event dedicated to supporting locally owned businesses that NC has to offer!
Must be 21 years or older to volunteer
There will be no parking on the festival footprint – Fayetteville St. or any of the intersecting side streets. There are nearby parking decks on Wilmington Street and Lenoir Street. Limited street parking is available around the festival. Some volunteers choose to park farther away and take the R Line downtown.
Bring a bottle of water and a snack or two. You can have a backpack. Fayetteville St. is known for being windy and is usually several degrees lower in temperature than other areas due to the tall buildings. Temperatures will cool as the sun goes down, so please plan accordingly if you think you will need a jacket or sweatshirt in the evening. We are not responsible for your items and do not have a place to store them during your shift. Whatever you have will have to stay with you.
Email us with further questions!