Want to volunteer for the 9th annual Brewgaloo craft beer festival?? We promise it will be a great time!
Shop Local Raleigh wants to thank each and every past volunteer who has dedicated their time and effort to help us put on Brewgaloo! Your hard work is what makes the festival run smoothly and safely. Without the overwhelming support of our local community and fellow beer lovers coming out to volunteer, Shop Local Raleigh could not host the biggest event dedicated to supporting locally owned businesses that Wake County has to offer!
Sign up here to volunteer.
What you should expect as a Brewgaloo Volunteer:
- A collectible Brewgaloo cup
- A commemorative Brewgaloo T-Shirt
- A day of fun with your fellow NC beer lovers and other volunteers
- Your choice of 10 tickets to the festival on Saturday (Redeemable AFTER your shift ONLY) OR a pass to ride the karts at Rush Hour Karting. Last shift volunteers will only receive the go kart passes. Volunteers CANNOT use their drink tickets prior to their shift per NC state law.
- Friday Block Party Set up shift: 2pm-6pm
- Friday Brewery Shift: 6pm-10pm
- Friday Tear Down: 10pm-11:30pm
- Saturday Set up shift: 10am-1:45pm
- Saturday Brewery Shift: 1pm-4:30pm
- Saturday 2nd Brewery Shift: 4:00-7:30pm
- Saturday 3rd Brewery Shift: 7:00-10:30pm
- Saturday Tear Down Shift: 10pm-11:30pm
All volunteers must be 21 years of age or older. Per NC law, there is no drinking allowed before or during your volunteer shift.
This crew will be placing all brewery supplies at appropriate tents, hanging signage, setting up ticket boots, helping set up the merchandise area, etc. Heavy Lifting may be involved.
This crew will be staffing at the refrigerator trucks and will be collecting kegs from distributors and breweries. Delivering ice and collecting orders needed. HEAVY LIFTING IS required.
This crew will be working to collect all personal items as well as collect all beer/ kegs, waste buckets, banners and load trucks for removal from event site. Per our agreement with the City of Raleigh, the entire event has to be cleaned up at the conclusion of the event.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Must be 21 years or older to volunteer
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There will be no parking on Fayetteville or any of the side streets into Fayetteville. There are public garages off Wilmington Street and Lenoir Street that will be open. You can also park further away on the street and use the R Line to come closer to the event.
What can I bring into the event?
Bring a bottle of water and a snack or two. You can have a backpack. Fayetteville St. is known for being windy and is usually several degrees lower in temperature than other areas due to the tall buildings. Temperatures will cool as the sun goes down, so please plan accordingly if you think you will need a jacket or sweatshirt in the evening. We are not responsible for your items and do not have a place to store them during your shift. Whatever you have will have to stay with you.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email with further questions.
Thank you to Rush Hour Karting for your generous donation to our sponsors!