Volunteer at NC's largest craft beer festival
Brewgaloo has grown to be NC’s largest craft beer festival and was voted #1 best beer festival in the US two years in a row! None of this would be possible without the hardwork of the volunteers that this event is highly dependant on and we are SO GRATEFUL for you! Volunteers do everything from helping with setup to working the front gates, checking in food trucks to pouring beer and so much more. We can not do this without the help of fantastic volunteers, so thank you!
All volunteers must be 21 years of age or older.
Per NC law, there is no drinking allowed before or during your volunteer shift.
In exchange for working a shift, volunteers will receive:
- A collectible Brewgaloo cup
- A commemorative Brewgaloo t-shirt
- 10 drink tickets to Saturday’s street festival* OR
- Alternative reward for non-drinkers and those working the 3rd festival or tear down shift on Saturday
*Drink tickets are for AFTER your shift only – volunteers CANNOT use their drink tickets or consume alcohol prior to or during their shift per NC state law.
Friday, September 17, 2021
- 2pm – 6pm | Set Up
- 6pm – 10pm | Festival
- 10pm – 11:30pm | Tear Down
Saturday, September 18, 2021
- 10am – 1:45pm | Set Up
- 1pm – 4:30pm | Festival Shift #1
- 4pm – 7:30pm | Festival Shift #2
- 7pm – 10:30pm | Festival Shift #3
- 10pm – 11:30pm | Tear Down
- Setup – Placing all brewery supplies at appropriate tents, hanging signage, setting up ticket boots, helping set up the merchandise area, etc. Heavy Lifting may be involved.
- Front Gate – Working at the admission gates greeting all guests arriving at the festival. You will be scanning tickets, handing out pint glasses, assisting will call ticket holders to pick up their tickets, passing out maps, and helping answer general festival questions. This position is good for those who need to sit throughout the shift.
- Block Crew – Collecting drink tickets from the brewery tents, emptying dump buckets, and assisting the block captain as needed.
- Pourers – Assist brewers with pouring beer and talking with customers about the breweries and beers.
- Keg Crew – Working at the refrigerator trucks dispersing and collecting kegs from distributors and breweries. Delivering ice and collecting orders needed. HEAVY LIFTING IS required.
- Tear Down Crew – Helping to cleanup and break down the festival by collecting all beer/ kegs, waste buckets, banners, etc. and load trucks for removal from event site. Per our agreement with the City of Raleigh, the entire event has to be cleaned up at the conclusion of the event.
Shop Local Raleigh wants to thank each and every volunteer who has dedicated their time and effort to help us put on Brewgaloo! Your hard work is what makes the festival run smoothly and safely. Without the overwhelming support of our local community and fellow beer lovers coming out to volunteer, Shop Local Raleigh could not host the biggest event dedicated to supporting locally owned businesses that Wake County has to offer!
Must be 21 years or older to volunteer
There will be no parking on the festival footprint – Fayetteville St. or any of the intersecting side streets. There are nearby parking decks on Wilmington Street and Lenoir Street. Limited street parking is available around the festival. Some volunteers choose to park farther away and take the R Line downtown.
Bring a bottle of water and a snack or two. You can have a backpack. Fayetteville St. is known for being windy and is usually several degrees lower in temperature than other areas due to the tall buildings. Temperatures will cool as the sun goes down, so please plan accordingly if you think you will need a jacket or sweatshirt in the evening. We are not responsible for your items and do not have a place to store them during your shift. Whatever you have will have to stay with you.
Email us with further questions!