- Activities for Elementary Aged Children including moves to watch and technology resources
- Get your Daily Dose of Play with FREE printable materials and activities!
- Weekly Learn & Play Programs for ages 3-10 with half-day and longer-day options for school-aged participants. Kids will enjoy daily outdoor play, hands-on play-based learning, free play in the museum, and live remote instruction (school age program only). Click here for pricing and detail.
- Now offering interactive, vital health education programs that have been converted to an online format.
- As well as a compiled list of educational, fun, and useful resources along with local and state-wide information to help you stay active and healthy – both physically and mentally!
- At-Home Learning provides free, curriculum-informed, over-the-air content on UNC-TV’s North Carolina Channel each weekday for students fourth through eighth grade, from 11 AM-2 PM, and ninth through twelfth grade, from 2 PM-5 PM (actual times may vary, please check the weekly schedule online here). These educational program blocks are available on the North Carolina Channel, available statewide for free over-the-air, through cable providers and streamed online here.
- Learn & Grow offers tips and activities for ages 2-8 to assist with developing social skills, character, math, literacy, science, and arts.
- Weekly lesson plans for kids to play and learn at home with PBS kids.
- Scholastic Support Centers are a place where K –8 students can go to participate in their online school or Virtual Academy classes. The program is offered either Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with an extended day option for those who need full-day care, or as a full-day program from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Hours vary by location, and exact times may vary depending on school system student attendance policies.
- Other School Programs: Before School, After School, Homeschool, Preschool, and Learning Labs
A number of schools and community centers will serve as food distribution sites for Wake County families.
- Families may pick up food at these locations and times
- Food will be distributed curbside to minimize safety concerns.
- The food will be placed in sanitized food containers.
- You will not be required to show ID and children do not have to be present with you to pick up food.
- The Big Bus Food Truck is running on a tight schedule, so please arrive early. The bus must leave at its scheduled time in order to deliver food to other locations.