Celebrate Independents Week July 3-9
The week of the 4th of July is a great time to remind people how important independent local businesses are to the health and resilience of our communities!
Send us the details for your upcoming events and specials during the week of July 3-9 for us to share with our social followers, website visitors, and newsletter subscribers encouraging them to SHOP LOCAL and support independent businesses while celebrating our Nation’s Independence.
Need some ideas for Independents Week promotions?
- Happy Hour: Offer red, white, and blue cookies or cupcakes with refreshments to promote the ‘independent’ touch. You could also contact an independent restaurant to partner and provide some light bites or host a local brewery for a beer tasting!
- Check-in Deals: Encourage customers to “check-in” or tag your business on social media to receive an exclusive promotion.
- Raffles and Drawings: Do a drawing for a prize in your office or store.
- Bonus Bucks: Give customers a $1 coupon for every $10 they spend in your store during the week. The coupon can be redeemed at a later date encouraging customers to return.
- Badges: Create campaign buttons for your staff to wear with the message: “Proud to be independent!”
- In-store event: Bring your community together by hosting an Independents Week kick-off event, in-store gathering and/or special promotion to celebrate your customers and local supporters. Or promote an event you already have planned for the week of July 3-9!
- Meet and Greet: Invite your customers to meet brand owners and representatives in your store.
- Beauty Treats: Team up with an independent salon or spa in your community to offer customers in-store pampering.
- Goodie Bags: Give with certain purchases or to new customers.
- Cooking Demo: Teach customers how to make a signature dish from your menu or host a local chef at your place of business.
- Community Talent: Support local designers, artists and/or DJ’s by hosting a joint in-store activity.
- Run a Contest: Offer the chance for one lucky customer to win a prize!
- Local Crawl: Team up with neighboring independent businesses to host a local crawl providing a map and prizes for participants.
- Art Show: Host local artists to display their work at your business.
- Drop and Shop: Invite customers to donate needed items for a local cause such as pet supplies or a canned food drive and gift them an exclusive deal for their donation.
- Charity Giving: Offer to make a donation of a percentage of sales to a local community charity.
- Open House: Invite clients to your store or office for an open house with local refreshments.
- Chalk Art: Make your business stand out by decorating the sidewalk outside your business.
- Book Reading: Have a local writer join you to read some of their work.
- Kids Activities: Provide a craft activity for children.
- Host an Expert: Invite an industry expert to come and speak at your place of business.
- Local Sale: Offer a discount on locally made items for the week.
- Take a Tour: Give customers a behind-the-scenes tour of your business.