Shop Local Raleigh is non-profit organization that promotes locally owned and operated businesses by working to educate consumers, business owners and the Raleigh community about the many benefits of spending locally. The Shop Local Raleigh web site features an online, searchable directory of local businesses, as well as a wealth of information on the economic, environmental and “feel-good” benefits of buying local.
Shop Local Raleigh is seeking an intern who is enthusiastic about all things local and passionate about growing Wake County’s local community. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to learn and ready to dive in! If you are looking to grow your experience in non-profits, marketing, brand development and/or communications, this is the internship for you!
Education & Experience:
- College student at an accredited college or university
- Experience or interest in social advocacy and/or non-profit business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
Duties will include:
- Act as a brand ambassador and assist in brand development
- Creating content for social media including but not limited to Instagram: Reels and posts, Facebook Live, YouTube videos and blog posts
- Event planning
- Assist with press releases and other online marketing content
- Administrative needs
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter or samples of social media work to Executive Director, Jennifer Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org