A LOT OF PEOPLE ASK US, HOW IS SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPOSED TO FIT INTO MY MARKETING MIX? HOW MUCH SHOULD I PUT INTO SOCIAL MEDIA ADS AND CONTENT CREATION?
As marketing mediums continue to grow and evolve, it can be hard to keep up with them, and what the best avenues to market your business are. As small business owners, you (we) don’t have time or money to waste on advertising. However, one thing we love about social media is that it is social. You have the opportunity to connect and engage with every individual person that saw your ad or content. It is a way to build more than sales, it gives actual value to the customer, and they have access to that value anytime and anywhere.
Compared to other advertisement methods, social media can serve as a leader in your marketing mix due to the low cost, high engagement and track-ability, targeting options, integration options with your other advertising methods, ability to change and optimize content any time, and more!
SO, WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO MARKETING FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Digital Ads
- Gifts, Giveaways and Swag
- Joining Groups (Like Shop Local Raleigh)
- Google Adwords
As all of these options have their pros and cons, however for small businesses there is surely no room to play trial and error with your marketing budget. A key to determining the best options for you is to ask the right questions such as:
- What is the breakdown of your audience? Including age, race, location, interests, etc.
- What is the average click through rates for other related businesses?
- What is the average open rate?
- What is your unique value? Why should we work/advertise with you?
- What initiatives are you taking to grow readership/followers?
- Are social posts included? If so, how many and on what channels?
- How many social media followers do you have? What is the demographic breakdown and engagement rate?
These are questions we have asked advertisers as well, and 9 times out of 10 they were taken back by how in depth of information we wanted to know. Even if the cost is only $50, every dollar counts (especially with any amount of money you can make something happen on social media).
So again, when it comes to your marketing mix, we do know and deeply believe that social media can make a HUGE impact and should play a HUGE role in your marketing initiative.
Written by: The Creative Exchange