Business to Business
Business to business refers to business that is conducted between companies, rather than between a company and individual consumers. This is in contrast to business to consumer (B2C) and business to government (B2G).
Did you know that Shop Local Raleigh has a Business to Business (B2B) group that meets every month? This month we’re talking about professional looks, discussing ways to help support each other, getting more business and how can locally owned and independent businesses compete when working with limited resources, having smaller staff and wearing multiple hats.
All members are invited and encouraged to attend. In need of a new head shot? IWP Photography will be on site offering head shots for the discounted rate of $75 + tax.
B2B meets at 410 N. Boylan Ave, Raleigh, NC 27603 (The Boylan Executive Center). There is street parking, parking under the building and in the back of the building. Walk in the main door and you will see your fellow members in the front conference room.
Thank you to Backyard Produce for providing fresh fruit for this month’s meeting!
• Drink lots of water and be well rested (so your eyes will not have dark circles)- This is for men and women
What to wear – Everyone:
• Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you feel confident
• Make sure your jacket and shirt fit you well. A poor fitting jacket or shirt will be obvious in the photos (especially around the neck)
• Don’t overdress
• Turtlenecks are almost always a bad idea (since they crowd the face)
• Clothes should be neatly pressed and should look new or like new
• Avoid busy patterns and large lines/stripes
• Blue/green/turquoise shirts/blouses or accents can help emphasize blue/green/hazel eyes
• If you wear glasses normally, you will want to make sure they are glare free lenses. If not, take them off about 20 minutes before the shoot so the markings of the glasses on your face can go away.
What to wear – Men:
• Professional casual business look
• A casual business look is often a jacket and open dress shirt, shirt and tie (no jacket), or dress shirt on its own
• For a no-jacket, more casual look, bring colored shirts – ideally darker than your skin tone
• A white dress shirt by itself is a bad idea – unless you plan to wear it underneath something (jacket or sweater)
What to wear – Women:
• Avoid big prints and busy patterns
• Different necklines will change the apparent shape of your face
• For a no-jacket casual look, ideally you should choose a blouse that is darker than your skin tone
• Be stylish and fashionable, but remember the picture is about your face and not your clothes
• Select and wear clothes that make you feel confident and professional.
• Select something that makes you look and feel good.
• Keep jewelry extremely simple – small is better
• Avoid jewelry that would distract from your face or that looks dated
• The picture is about your face, not your jewelry
• Be prepared to remove facial piercings or multiple ear piercings
What to bring:
• A good attitude – some might not like to be photographed but your employer sees the value in having your presence on their website
• Lip balm
• Hair brush/comb
• Makeup and hair products you prefer
Hair and Makeup Tips:
• Make-up should be clean and natural
• Wear a heavy layer of translucent powder – your face will appear flawless in photos. Shine disappears, pores seem smaller, skin looks even, and blush is smoother
• Line lips before applying matte lipstick, then reline. Don’t overdo it. Dip a cotton bud in powder and run along lip line to prevent color from bleeding
• Avoid shimmers or products with lots of sparkle or shine
• Avoid frosts or overly-bright colors
• Don’t get a new hair cut just before the shoot (you may want to let it grow-in a bit or get used to styling a new cut)
• Do not try/use any new product on your hair, face or body the day before or few days before your shoot. In case you have a bad reaction to the product
Please arrive with:
• Hair styled and makeup already applied (if not using makeup artist)
• $75 + tax (Discounted rate for this event). All payments to IWP Photography
Business to Business Meeting
1st Thursday of every month
February 5, 2015
410 N. Boylan Ave
Raleigh, NC 27603